Scope Global (the Scholarship Support Contractor to the Australian Government) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act).
Scope Global complies with the Act in the collection, handling use and disclosure of personal information. We will collect and hold personal information only if the information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities and with consent or where we are authorised or required to do so by law.
We will be collecting personal information about scholarship applicants and recipients, which may include:
- name, gender, age and date of birth
- email address and social media account details
- residential and postal address and telephone numbers
- bank account or financial details
- proposed study stream, industry, level of study and mode of study
- details of other support you receive
- information received as part of the application process if you are applying for a scholarship
- academic records, transcripts, enrolment and assessment details
- other considerations such as listed in the disclosure information section.
If you disclose that you are a person with a disability as part of your application process, this information is deemed as health information under the Act and will be treated sensitively and in accordance with the Act.
The information in this application form is collected to assist Scope Global to determine your suitability for selection under the Program. In addition, Scope Global collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to enable us to:
- assess an applicant’s eligibility
- resolve a complaint
- provide further information about a program or project
- administer our programs and projects
- work with government agencies and other relevant stakeholders to implement and run our programs and projects
- record all relevant interactions with an individual if required
- for other purposes related to any of the above.
Your personal information will be used and accessed by Scope Global, the Department and any necessary third parties who assist us to implement, provide, manage and administer our Programs, including third party contractors and service providers, our insurers and any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information. Applicants are required to consent to use and disclosure of personal information for the purposes of the Program. Disclosure will include disclosure by the Scholarship Support Contractor (Scope Global) to the Department for the purpose of assessing applications and may include publication of personal information of successful applicants.
Your information may also be shared with the Australian Government who may use and disclose information about Scholarship applicants and Scholarship recipients under the Program in any other Australian Government business or function. This includes giving information to the Australian Taxation Office for compliance purposes.
If you do not give us the information we seek, we may be limited in our ability to assess your application against the Program Guidelines and/or may not be able to provide an individual with the services requested, including access to a particular program or project.