Hosting an intern is an opportunity to support Commonwealth Scholarships Program for South Australia scholars to use and develop industry-related knowledge and skills, and prepare them for long-term employment after they have completed their study or training. It also presents a number of potential benefits for your businesses.
The Commonwealth Scholarships Program for South Australia offers vocational education and training (VET) and higher education undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD candidates an opportunity to complete a 20 business days internship as part of the scholarships program with a Host Employer.
We are looking for South Australian businesses that are interested in hosting interns for 20 business days.
Host Employer benefits
Hosting an intern offers a number of benefits to South Australian businesses including:
- Access to high quality and motivated scholars that will bring knowledge of current trends, theories and ideas to tackle a real-world problem from the workplace
- An opportunity to demonstrate corporate social responsibility and enhance image in the community by contributing support and expertise to future leaders
- Develop leadership, mentoring and coaching skills of your current workforce
- Develop valuable links with education and training institutions
- An opportunity to promote your organisation’s brand
- An opportunity to identify potential new talent
Reimbursement and support
Host Employers will be reimbursed for internship payments up to the value of $3000.
Host Employers will also receive a one-off payment of $500 as a contribution towards the costs of providing scholars with an internship, for example for administration and insurance expenses.
Register your interest
To register interest to participate as a Host Employer in the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for South Australia please complete the online registration form.
Contact Gail Jackman, Internships Manager if you have any questions about hosting an intern.